Information for Residents
If you're a new resident, here's a to-do checklist:
✔Security Patrol: Join Boston-Edison's security patrol. Here are the advantages to you.
✔Tax Credits: Apply for the Neighborhood Enterprise Zone Homestead Exemption.
✔Renovation: If you're planning on renovating, make sure you understand the Detroit Historic Commission Guidelines.
✔CONTACT US: HBEA mails a neighborhood newsletter to all residents. Let us know your name and address so we can send you one. Also ask for a password to the website Residents-Only section.
Are you a resident of Boston-Edison? We've constructed this website to give you as much information as we can about the neighborhood, the city, and the Historic Boston-Edison Association.
- Neighborhood Events. Keep tabs on what's happening in the neighborhood with the Boston-Edison calendar of events.
- Historic Boston-Edison Association. Learn about HBEA, find out what your dues do, and join the Association!
- Preservation and Construction. Are you planning construction work on your house? Make sure you understand the Detroit Historic Commission Guidelines and FAQ. In addition, look at a list of contractors suggested by neighborhood residents.
- General Information for Residents. The most-requested information for residents, including trash, taxes, and preservation.
- Security Information. Find out information about Boston-Edison's security patrol, as well as general neighborhood security.
- Schools. Some information on schools near Boston-Edison, courtesy of the Skillman Foundation.
- Detroit-Wayne County Directory. Look up contact information at the most popular departments in Detroit and Wayne County.
- More questions? If you've got more questions, we have a page of frequently asked questions. Better yet, CONTACT US. We'd love to hear from you.