The Historic Boston-Edison Association hosts...
the 2009 Home Preservation Fair
Saturday, April 4, 2009, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Sacred Heart Major Seminary
Corner of Linwood and Chicago Boulevard, Detroit MI
On Saturday, April 4, 2009, City of Detroit residents with older and historic homes will be afforded the unique opportunity to participate in one stop shopping with area home repair/preservation specialists. These pre-screened specialists with knowledge and experience of the needs of historic homes will exhibit their expertise at the 6th Home Preservation Fair presented by the Historic Boston Edison Association.
Invited home preservation specialists include:
- AAA Michigan
- Adams Construction
- Big Brush Painting (email at email@example.com)
- CAN ART Handworks (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Classic Landscape, Ltd. (email at email@example.com)
- Detroit Historic District Commission (email at Susan McBride or Danielle Lewon)
- Detroit Historic Neighborhoods Coalition (email at Earl Smith)
- Detroit Historical Society
- Detroit Vacant Property Campaign
- Dusing Security & Surveillance
- Garden Concepts (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hall Electric Company (email at email@example.com)
- Herald Wholesale
- Italy American Construction
- It's Your Window, Inc. IYW Design (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Klepinger Construction LLC (email at email@example.com)
- Martin SooHoo (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mayor's Office of Neighborhood City Hall
- National Heating & Cooling
- New Hue Painting (email at info@NewHuePainting.com)
- Preferred Hardwood Floors (email at email@example.com)
- Preservation Wayne (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Renaissance Restorations
- Renewal by Andersen
- State Historic Preservation Office (email at email@example.com)
- TP Carpentry (email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Windows Diverse Services (email at email@example.com)
These individuals and companies have skills that include:
- Masonry repair and restoration
- Wet Plaster repair and replacement
- Painting of both exteriors and interiors
- Plumbing, heating, and cooling service
- Window repair and restoration
- Electrical upgrades and updating
- Wood floor refinishing
A representative from the Detroit Historic District Commission will be on hand to answer questions about obtaining building permits or any other matter pertaining to historic. Someone will also be available from the State of Michigan to answer questions about what you must do to get the State historic tax credit for work performed on your home. The tax credit program offers significant tax savings on major projects.
Additionally, representatives of banks and lending institutions will be on hand to discuss low interest home improvement loans, lines of credit, home equity loans and mortgage refinancing.
The 2009 Home Preservation Fair will be held in the expansive gymnasium of the historic Sacred Heart Seminary, 2701 Chicago Boulevard at Linwood in Detroit. Free parking is provided via the Linwood entrance. The Fair begins at 12 noon and concludes at 5:00 p.m.
Admission to the Fair is free. A registration fee is required for invited home repair - /preservation specialists. In addition to the exhibiting contractors, informational workshops and community forums on best practices will be presented.
"Preserve a home and preserve a residential block. Preserve a residential block, preserve a neighborhood. Preserve a neighborhood and preserve the history, integrity and legacy of a community." ---P. Genene